Business & Employment FAQs
Q: Why should I incorporate (S Corp, C Corp, LLC) my business in Texas?
A: There are several reasons why incorporation is required for a business to be successful.
- First, it allows business owners or general partners to limit their liability in the unfortunate event that the business is involved in a lawsuit. This means that business owners, in certain cases, will not have to be afraid that their personal assets are used to satisfy debts and liabilities of the business.
- Second, it helps the business establish trust and accountability with clients.
- Third, it allows the business to gain exposure by being listed in the Corporations Section of the Office of the Secretary of State in Texas.
- Fourth, it enables business owners to confidently advertise their business on Yelp, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or the Yellow Pages.
- Fifth, there may be tax benefits. For tax benefits, please contact a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Q: Why should I form a limited partnership (LP) in Texas?
A: A limited partnership will grant limited liability protection to some of the partners. Even though one partner must be considered a general partner with unlimited liability, the other partner’s liability is limited to the amount of his/her investment. There may be tax benefits too, so please contact a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Q: How difficult is it to incorporate my business in Texas?
A: It is as easy as 1-2-3. First, complete our company’s questionnaire that is tailored to your business. Second, we review, process and submit your legal documents to the Secretary of State. Third, we will send you the incorporation package.
Q: Can I handle the incorporation myself by using Legal Zoom, BizFilings or another business filing company that I found online?
A: Yes, you can seek services from an online business, but we definitely DO NOT recommend it. Each business is unique. One size does not fit all when it comes to business filings. You may save a few dollars in the beginning, but you will end up with headache, confusion and loss of time if something goes wrong.
Q: What is the E-Verify program?
A: The E-Verify program is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). E-Verify electronically compares information contained in the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 with records contained in SSA and DHS databases to help employers verify identity and employment eligibility of newly-hired employees. Currently, the program is optional.
Q: How do I obtain accurate I-9 documents and protect my company against hefty fines from the immigration department?
A: Correctly completing the I-9 form and maintaining it for the required period, are necessary to protect your company against fines and penalties for failure to comply with immigration regulations.
Our law firm has experience creating I-9 compliance programs that can be tailored to your individual needs.
Call For A Free Consultation